Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Walking Dead Semi Truck

This started out as a personal model I was making before The Walking Dead project started up.  I hadn't modeled a truck in a while, so it was just a test of speed in my personal time.  At one point for our diorama/prototype level we needed a semi truck with oil tanker.  To help give us a jump and not have to spend extra resources on outsourcing I went ahead and volunteered my model to use in game. 

My original approach to this was be as modular as possible.  I created a series of mask so that other artist/designers could change the color of the vehicle with ease and reuse it throughout the game. Because of the development time we had on the project it was a time saving idea.  Eventually outsourcing took my approach and did the same with building other features on top of it for other vehicles*damage, interiors etc..*

The presentation is from sketchfab.  The wireframe mode is broken in some cases, so I apologize if something looks off or sloppy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment